Get on Bob's List before September 18th!
The Crescent Park slash chipping event is coming up on Saturday, October 1st from 9 am to 1 pm. If you wish to participate, sign up no later than September 18th by emailing your name, address, email and phone number to the event coordinator, Bob Grimm at firstname.lastname@example.org. On September 18th, Bob will be sending a confirmation email to everybody who signed up by the deadline. If you do not get this email you are not on the list. Next week will be your last chance to be included.
We are requesting you have your slash stacked by September 24th so we can drive around and accurately assess the chipping time needed to complete the project. If you wish to stack more items after that date, please let the coordinator know to get prior approval. All properties in Crescent Park are eligible. If you want slash chipped it is requested that you volunteer for as much of the event as you are able to. The more volunteers we have, the quicker we can get this done!
HOW to prepare your slash piles:
· Slash must be easily accessed from the road. The pile must be within 10 feet of the road. Please keep slash out of the drainage ditches. Property with roads on two sides of their lot can place slash to be removed from either roadway. Please try to place slash where the roadway is widest to keep roadway open during chipping.
· Slash must be piled at the roadside with the butts of the branches towards the roadway so it can be easily grabbed and fed into the chipper.
· Consolidate your piles as much as possible. Piles can be up to 5 feet in height. The less the chipper needs to move, the faster your pile can be processed.
· Conifer slash, branches, and treetops only - NO STUMPS OR LOGS > 4 inches in diameter.
· We will NOT be accepting chunk wood, decayed wood, pinecones or needles, bushes, grasses or noxious weeds.
To get additional information about supporting the CPCFPA, please contact Barbara Mazurowski